I didn't have a very good night, but it's not the fault of the cabin (very quiet), nor the bed (very comfy) nor the weather. The Vestkapp craddled us gently. The Stad sea this morning is more energetic, but nothing serious, and the ship rolls quietly. Some morning lights, then the clouds come. The thermometer on Deck 5 says 2°C, it's probably a little optimistic but the aire is not that cold and there is little wind. When we arrive near Torvik mid-morning, there already are two huge supply-ships moored to the quay. As the quay is not very big, it takes a lot of clever manoeuver to parallel-park without hitting anything (we didn't hit anything).






Arrivée à Ålesund a midi pile poil, les travaux de rénovation de l'ancien quai sont terminés et on retrouve donc l'emplacement habituel.
The arrival at Ålesund is at noon sharp. The rehabilitation works of the old docks are finished, so we can go back to the usual location.


Les travaux de rénovation du chemin qui monte au mont Askla (le monticule au milieu de la 2ème photo au-dessus) sont également terminés, et je prend donc mon courage à deux mains pour grimper les 418 marches jusqu'au sommet. Je ne me souviens plus bien comment étaient les anciennes marches (en bois je crois?), les nouvelles sont en béton, mais pas trop moches, avec plein de petits endroits aménagés pour se reposer (bienvenus). Régulièrement les numéros des marches sont incrustés dans le béton, pour nous encourager. Une fois en haut, la vue est connue mais toujours chouette, et la visibilité n'est pas mauvaise, le seul regret c'est que les bâtiments moches du nouveau quai cachent complètement le bateau.
Also finished is the work on the Mount Askla stairway. So I gather my courage to go up the 418 steps to the summit. I can't really remember how the old stair was (wood?). The new steps are concrete, but not too ugly, with plenty of resting benches along the way (thank you). At regular intervals, the number of steps is etched in the concrete, to encourage us to keep going. At the top the view is well-know, but always nice, and the visibility is good today. The only regret is that the new buildings of the docks totally hides the ship from view.




Je rentre au bateau pour un déjeuner bien mérité, puis je m'allonge 5 minutes, et me réveille 2 heures plus tard... On est en route vers Molde et par mon hublot je vois du soleil sur la côté! Vite dehors. En effet on a un petit coucher de soleil sympathique, avec un joli ciel de tous les côtés.
I'm back at the ship for a well-deserved lunch, then I go lie down for 5 minutes and wake up 2 hours later... And through my porthole I see sun on the coast! I go out in a hurry. And indeed we have quite a nice sunset, with an interesting sky on all sides.









Une fois le soleil couché on a encore une bonne heure de clarté crépusculaire, cette fameuse "lumière bleue" si délicate que je viens chercher en hiver. Je reste dehors jusqu'à l'arrivée à Molde, mais après je crois que je me suis couchée tôt!
Once the sun has set, there is still a good hour of twilight, this famous "blue light" so delicate, which I'm hoping for in winter. I stay outside until we dock in Molde, and then I go to bed early!




1 commentaire:
Bonsoir Sophie. Il y a une belle lumière sur cette série.
Je ne connais pas ces escaliers, la vue d'en haut a l'air sympa, malgré le bloc de béton ajouté...
Enregistrer un commentaire